Today is the last day of 2015 and since I’m just lying here on my couch with the flu (Yep that’s right. A cold on Christmas eve and the flu on New Years eve.. Sigh..), I have more than enough time to think about what this year has meant to me. I have achieved many things this year and to be honest I feel like my Korean progress is the most important achievement. I started taking my studies seriously in January which means that it is almost a year ago now. It’s amazing how time flies. Let’s take a look at the things I love the most from this year!
- During this year I have bought a ton of books and enjoyed all of them.
- I have made some amazing friends through language exchange.
- I have spoken in Korean with native speakers though skype as well as face to face, for the very first time.
- I decided to start my ‘Korea-account’ so that 언니 and I can go to Korea in 2017.
- I decided that I wanted to pass TOPIK.
- I took my first TOPIK Mock test.
- I started my Blog.
- I have completed all of my Korean goals for this year except for one.
- I have met many lovely fellow Korean students.
- I started watching movies and dramas without subtitles.
- I read my first Korean news articles/blogs (including those that aren’t made for study purposes).
- I read my first book in Korean.
While remembering all these things I’m feeling proud and accomplished – Who would have known that all of this would happen when this year started? To finish it of in the best way possible, I’m going to finish my very last goal of 2015, which is to finish reading 크리스마스 캐럴 before midnight. I’m almost there so I’m sure it won’t be a problem. Also I have already ordered two new books so I’ll be ready to make more progress in 2016.
Have a good night wherever you guys are and stay safe. Thank you for celebrating my progress with me!
여러분.. 새해 복 많이 받으세요~